Wednesday 10 February 2016

Published in Edmonton Senior newspaper!

Happy to provide my photojournalism services for Edmonton Senior newspaper.  They published one of my photos on their cover page of the February 2016 edition.  I covered a story about the Winter Wonderland gala on Jan. 19 in Touchmark at Wedgewood retirement community in southwest Edmonton.  You’ll find my story and other photos on page 3.

Oh wait, there’s more!  In keeping with everyone’s New Years health resolutions, I featured the Prescription To Get Active program.  Organized by the Primary Care Network across Alberta, it involves doctors prescribing physical activity to improve health and prevent disease.  That story is on page 20, and worth the read to find out more about this free program.

And finally, my favourite:  “The Sages of the Local Stage” appears on page 23.  I had the pleasure of meeting some very cool people (young and young at heart) doing their weekly rehearsal.  They meet every Thursday afternoon at SAGE (Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton) located downtown across the street from city hall.  If you’re looking for a lively seniors activity, this could be it.

Here’s the caption for my cover photo:  “Touchmark at Wedgewood resident Geoffrey Ironside and Joan Drake (the facility Life Enrichment/ Wellness Director) enjoy the Winter Wonderland Gala.

I should mention that Edmonton Senior newspaper is free and available in newsstands at most large grocery stores, for example:  Safeway.  


Grant Cree is an Edmonton-based photojournalist focusing on photo and video event coverage to help clients connect with their audiences. www.grantcree.ca  780-940-3228










No comments:

Post a Comment